Tuesday, September 21, 2010

iTunes and an external not easy drive.?

I a short time ago bought an external hard drive (120G) mostly so I can nouns my iTunes on to it. Can I load my elected songs and videos to the the external drive and afterwards delete them from my internal drive and still be able to access them anytime the external drive is plugged within? If so please indicate how.

iTunes and an external not easy drive.?

I do that. I copied my entire iTunes library to the external drive. Then I opened iTunes, go to Preferences, Advanced, General and changed my iTunes Music folder location to be the one on the external drive. I didn't delete the old music folder until I be sure it was working on the untried one!
it is conceivable that it should be possible if you do so the method you would use to gain access to them is to go into my computer and choose the appropriate drive double click and browse to them play them what ever and when you are syncing to your ipod only choose browse and go up ample directory's until you are in my computer next do the same
Yeah lately move them over to the external. Once they are there and it is hooked up to your computer, they will play.

No comments:

Post a Comment