Friday, September 17, 2010

Is in that something I am doing wrong beside my Compaq Armada?

I enjoy a Compaq Armada laptop. When I got it, it be saying at hand was no modem, so I go the cheap rout and bought an external modem that runs through the usb. I installed the disc and installed my dial up software, but when I tried to go online, it still said to install a modem...

Any sustain would be appreciated.

Is in that something I am doing wrong beside my Compaq Armada?

Okay there are some checking of items you can do. 1st, right click on MY COMPUTER and select PROPERTIES which will nouns the System Properties box. From here Click Hardware (tab) and click Device Manager. (Windows 9x users, click DEVICE MANAGER (tab)).



Look thru the list of devices and see if nearby are any modems installed. And if their is or is not an ! or X over the modem. If there is a modem and in attendance is not an ! or X then the modem is installed properly and the problem is most plausible the fualt of the ISP software. But before we can budge pointing fingers, let's see if we can make our modem agree, shall we?



Go into your Control Panel and access your MODEMS, (If you are running XP or 2000, you can stay in the Device executive, just double click on the Modem cross. NOT THE WORD MODEMS or if you are going the Control Panel Route, click on Diagnostics and then Queury the modem. If it returns spinal column a lot of AT codes, consequently the problem is NOT your PC or your Modem, it is the ISP software.



Contact me for further assistance
i always thought modems come standard on pc possibly the modem in the laptop is loose i have thaT with my desktop
nursing home listings

No comments:

Post a Comment