Friday, September 17, 2010

Is near anyway to create a device compatible near a text of window is doesn't support?

I get a Sabrent TV Tuner for my birthday (http://www.sabrent.com/products/specs/tv... which says that it is compatible near USB 1.1 and 2.0. I installed it per directions on my families laptop (running Windows XP Home) which lone has USB 1.1 and it didn't work. So, a couple of days after that I tried it on my brother's laptop (running Windows XP Media Center) which has USB 2.0 and it worked without a flaw. This was a problem as my brother doesn't live at home anymore. I hold a older computer (running Windows 98) that have a USB 2.0 PCI card installed. But the TV Tuner only have drivers for Windows XP and 2000.



Is there anywhere I could find drivers for it to run on Windows 98? Or am I doomed to live a working-TV-Tuner-less natural life?

Is near anyway to create a device compatible near a text of window is doesn't support?

If it's compatible wit usb 1.1, then XP home is probably to blame. XP home is stripped down by Microsoft and doesn't support some features that XP Pro or Media Center does. It would probably work surrounded by XP professional, or Media Center Edition only.



Check Microsoft's Knowledge Base. It's possible they hold a work around or a patch for this particular card. It may be as simple as enable a background service specifically cut off by evasion.
If it isn't at the company's website, it probably doesn't exist.
IF YOUR SYSTEM DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE DEVICE, YOU WILL HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE SOFT WARE FROM THE SITE THAT SUPPORTS YOUR DEVICE, MOST UP TO DATE COMPUTERS, WILL RECOGNIZE IT,BUT IF YOUR DONT THATS THE PROBLEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment